Prices
Free of charge.
Long before the 16th century, the archbishop of Avignon owned a mill of the horizontal wheel type, located 'outside and near the walls of the said place'.
In 1586, repairs were made to the mill's top, which makes it possible to affirm that it is indeed a flour mill.
It was seized as national property and sold in year IV to Honoré Périer de Bédarrides.
In 1825 in a dilapidated state, it was rebuilt by the new owner Mr. Derat.
In 1878, de la Balmandière, the new owner, placed a new so-called vertical wheel.
From 1895 to 1921, the Chevalier de Bédarrides family rented the mill, then owned the mill until 1934.
After this date the mill was then decommissioned.






Location
Informations
< Informations
In the same category..

La Fontaine du PlanetThe fountain of the former “Placette du Planet”, which is part of the tourist tour is located in the historic center of Monteux, in the heart of the Traversée des Arts.

The old town hallThe former town hall of Sorgues is a monument that bears witness to the industrial past of the city. The facade of the building is a treasure for lovers of the neoclassical style.

The Church of Our Lady of the AssumptionDiscover the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption in Althen-des-Paluds, which has one of the highest bell towers in Vaucluse, located 35 meters high.

The Church of Plan de la Tour, known as the Church of the TransfigurationIn the city center of Sorgues, this beautiful 18th century church houses several paintings by a famous painter-engraver of the time as well as a monumental canvas.